We previously went through registering your new domain and getting a web host account and setting up a new email address with this domain. Now we go through linking your new email address to your Gmail account.
With any new domain I create or purchase, I like to send and receive all correspondence regarding that domain from an email address linked to this new domain. This as a way to build my brand immediately (I can even add an email signature with a logo to my new email address to further help this) and people are seeing this new domain name straight away.
According to Techcrunch there are over 1 billion active Gmail users per month, so in this post (I will assume that you already have a Gmail account) we will go through linking your new domain email address to your existing Gmail account.
1. Login to your Gmail account and click on the settings icon in the top right corner and select settings in the drop-down menu.
2. Then select the accounts and import tab and select add email account under the Check mail as section.
3. Add your new email address that will be linked to your Gmail account, then click next.
4. Make sure that Import emails from my other account (POP3) is already selected then click next.
5. Add your username, password and the pop server information (that you would have received from Bluehost when you created the new email address). Your pop server should be something like mail.yournewdomain.com)
6. You should now be able to read your emails from your new email address via your Gmail account.
Now to set up your Gmail account to allow you to send emails with your new email address.
1. Go back to the settings section in the Gmail drop down menu you accessed earlier.
2. Now select the accounts and import tab you visited recently and now select add email account under the Send mail as section (just above the check email as section.
3. Add in your name (the name that you want other people to see when they receive an email from you) and the email address you are looking to link to your Gmail account, then click on next step.
4. Add in the server information and the username and password (from your Bluehost email set up).
Your new email address should now be set up through your Gmail account. Now you can send an email via your Gmail account from your new email address.
To subscribe to Nothing to Niche enter your details below
Subscribe to Nothing To Niche
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.